Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The U.S. Postal System

Once upon a time I wrote to my friend in the MTC on a thursday, like I always do. And for the past month, he has written me back and I receive his letter either on a Monday or a Tuesday. But this week I forgot something important. Friday was veteran's day and because I didn't put my letter in the mailbox until thursday night, my letter wasn't sent until Saturday. Although this doesn't seem like a big deal (and it really isn't) this one little holiday that we didn't even get school off for, ruined my whole system. Thanks mailmen!
Let me explain, this friend of mine leaves the MTC soon so because he wasn't able to write this week, I won't get a letter from him for a couple of weeks. And I can send another letter this week, but after that I have to wait until I know his new address to write. And a couple of weeks doesn't seem like a long time, but I've grown accustomed to his letters every week. He always gives me his worthless advice on trivial matters because he doesn't know the entire story, but that advice actually helps me because it makes me laugh and see the situation in a new light. Also, he writes to me in spanish and it's been fun to see how in only two months, his spanish has gotten a lot better. Needless to say, I miss him and I think it's going to be a long two weeks.
The End

1 comment:

  1. Well miss Madi. To solve your problems you should have asked your MTC mail expert... aka me.... Call me at work and I can get you his address for his mission. Also if you want your letter to arrive to him the next day while he is in the MTC dearelder him monday-thursday at dearelder.com. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete