Wednesday, November 9, 2011

University Parkway

Once upon a time it got cold and somewhat miserable in the mornings. I like it the rest of the day, but sometimes it would be nice to not freeze on my way to school. Anyway, this morning my gears decided to not work and so I had a heck of a time trying to get to school. Sometimes they would pop out in the middle of an intersection and I'd look like an idiot peddling and peddling just to try and get them back on. Ya.
Also, last night as I was jumping down from my bed (it's really high because I had to switch to the approved, "safer" bed risers), my knee slammed into the corner of my dresser. I silently screamed in pain on the floor of my room and then got up and finished getting ready for bed. When it was time to get back into bed, I felt my knee and realized I had grown another knee. So I went out to tell my roommate and indeed, she had heard the noise of me crashing into the dresser, but she didn't know I was in pain, because I, myself, made no noise. We kind of laughed about it though. It was funny up until biking this morning. My jeans get tight on my knees when I bike and boy did that hurt.
So with the combination of my gears, my knee, and my numbness, I was the idiot that got off my bike and pushed it the rest of the way up University Parkway this morning. I pretended that I had to push my bike because there was something wrong with it, but I think people caught on when I got back on after getting to the top. Am I thoroughly embarrassed? yes.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment