Monday, August 8, 2011

Ode to Elder Covey*

So I'm kind of sick of writing in third person so I'm not going to for a while...

Once upon a time I met a kid named Covey while participating in powderpuff football in ninth grade. Right away I knew that this kid was special because by the end of one week of coaching, almost all of the girls on my team were in love with him.
Several months later I became good friends with some new kids, and these boys happened to be friends with Covey as well. So I think that's when our friendship started. Since then we've had some great conversations, most of them happening late at night at Sean's house. Yep it was there when I first told him about how every girl was in love with him and Morgan stalked him and when he told me that I needed to find a Carlos to fall madly in love with while I was in Spain (never happened). Our friendship was a little strange though. We didn't see each other much, but every time we did, I kind of told him things that normally I wouldn't tell just a casual friend.
Most of the boys involved in the late night chats
These conversations continued all the way up until I went to Spain. While I was there, I was a little depressed to I printed out pictures of all of my friends and taped them to my planner to keep me motivated in school. Some girls in my class got a hold of it and immediately fell in love with him. Of course. So I told Covey and he created a Spanish Facebook and all the girls really enjoyed it. Except he only signed in once or twice.
Pretty sure this is the picture all the girls loved, but I could be wrong
When I got back, I didn't see him really at all. Actually, the only time I remember seeing and hanging out with him after I got back, I told him to cut his hair because he was ugly. Let's just say our friendship kind of withered. And that continued throughout senior year. Once again, just a casual friend. But when his cousin Spencer moved here from Georgia, and when Covey cut his nasty, hideous hair, we became friends again.
Makes me sick every time
Covey with his nasty hair and the very strange Spencer
Now we're at an end to a summer full of adventures. He's leaving to serve an LDS mission in Eugene, Oregon in a week, and I'm really going to miss him. Today was the last time I'll ever hang out with him (I'm leaving tomorrow and when I get back he'll be gone) and I have to say I'm extremely sad. He'll be a great missionary though. Super obedient, I mean who actually follows the advice to follow a missionary sleep schedule before their mission? Yep, as I think about not seeing him for two years, the tears are falling...but I'll always have these photos from hiking baldy today to remind me of how great Covey is. So according to him, this is goodbye forever! Nope! You can't get rid of me that easily! Good luck Elder Covey!


The End
*Some serious facebook stalking was involved in making this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment