Monday, August 29, 2011

Life at BYU

Once upon a time I signed up for new student orientation. It was pointless. I went for a few hours thursday morning, stayed for the free lunch, and then went off by myself to buy my textbooks. The rest of thursday I took a nap, then hung out with some friends. As I was on my way out to meet my friends, the bishop and about ten other guys ambushed me. They all introduced themselves at the same time, and then they invited me to the ward get together on saturday. I then got into my friends car where they were all laughing because apparently it was hilarious. One minute I'm walking freely to meet up with my friends and then the next minute I'm surrounded.
Friday morning I helped Karli move in across the hall. I then biked to campus with Annie and found my classes. After that I met my peer mentor (kind of ridiculous that we're all required to have one) and explored campus some more. Then, Alyssa, Sharissa, Karli, and I proceeded to Sharissa's for dinner, where we had french toast and drank all of Sharissa's milk. After that we went to Shaundra and Mallory's apartment. And then we went to see Tangled at the Helaman Field, again only for the free ice cream.
Saturday I went to the ward party and had a blast (who knew?). Really though, I only went for the free lunch (I guess I just really like free things). Then I went to the grocery store with Annie to buy meat, and then Annie, Karli, Annie's roommate Jessica, Amanda, and I made lasagna and salad. While cooking, we saw some people playing volleyball so we went out there and met a ton of new people. I'm kind of excited about where I'm living. Anyway, lasagna was delicious and we inhaled it. That night, we went to the big freshman party at the wilk that was kind of ridiculous.
Sunday we had church at 9, but I only went to sacrament meeting, because I went to Kolton's farewell at 11 (kind of awkward, but that's another story). I then went home home, not my apartment, but to my parent's house, and took a nap. I was basically there all day and I loved it. At 6:15 Karli picked me up and we went to our RA meeting. I kind of hated that because we played a "get to know you" game. Funny, I don't remember one single girl's name...or anything about them. We then went to ward prayer. As we were standing there, I turned to karli and said, "I just want to avoid Sean." Not even 2 seconds later I found myself in a huge bear hug with none other than Sean. Great. For those of you who don't know who I'm talking about, Sean is a boy that grew up on my home ward and not even a month after his mission, he dated my sister. Awful. And then he broke up with her because she told him that she didn't want to get married anytime soon.
And then later on that day I got locked out while my roommates were at singing in the tunnel to I stayed up late and talked to Heather and Karli at Karli's apartment.
Today was the first day of class and I have to say, I love college already. My professors are all really cool and interesting and I only have 4 hour long classes. But, I'm sure after a week I'll hate life again. Just give it time.
The End

2 comments:

  1. I got a shout out on your blog!! Yes I creep on your blog sometimes. I have to find out what's happening in Karli's life somehow (since she never blogs about it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh it's fine because I creep on your blog too. I'm sorry this was kind of a boring post, hopefully the next few will be more entertaining for you. Maybe Karli will get a boyfriend and I'll really have something to talk about

    ReplyDelete