Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jane Austen's in the Air

So once upon a time I met some girls that live in my building and they love all things Jane Austen as well. So we got to talking about different movie versions of different books and I realized that I had never seen the BBC versions of Persuasion or Emma. So that's what I did this week and I fell in love. It also helped me realize just how great true gentlemen are. When my friends ask me what my "taste" in men are I tell them that I don't have a real taste, they just have to be chivalrous. Is it that too much to ask for? I don't know why boys find it so difficult to follow through on that...especially the boys that are so desperate for girls. Here's a brilliant idea, why don't you start being nice to them? That's all I ask.
So here's a music video by The Band Perry that I love. Really I don't ask for much.
The End

2 comments:

  1. You know that Austen's making fun of those men most the time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making fun of them in what way? Because, yes she does highlight some flaws in their characters, but in the end the girl always ends up with the most chivalrous, just plain good man there is. Jane Austen is more complaining about the society and women's roles in it than making fun of the good gentleman.

    ReplyDelete