Saturday, January 26, 2013

I'm Not Going Down to Mexico to Drink the Water Anyway

Do any of you like Brad Paisley?  Because he was going through my head this week.
Monday morning I flew, with my parents, to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  We stayed at a hotel with a private beach and I was in heaven.
I drank lots of piñatas, ate lots of food, and sat on the beach every day listening to songs such as, Don't Drink the Water, and Working on a Tan.  But to be fair, I sometimes mixed things up and drank elmo's, or shirley temples, or miami vice's, or my favorite, banana daiquiri's.  Yep, I gained a significant amount of weight in only 5 days.  But that's what happens when you're in the mind set of, "I'm only going to be able to order room service one time in my life, so I don't care if I just ate a 5 course meal, I'm ordering 2 more dishes and drinking fanta from my mini fridge."

I had this baby to myself
Our last meal and my last drink, a very sad moment
Coming back to real life, where there are such things as scales, was no fun.  My mom and I did a 5k snow shoe race this morning and we about died.  It's 3 miles!  We did 13 the weekend before!  But I had to stop and walk.  Let me tell you, running in snow shoes is not as easy as it looks.
On other news, the airport in phoenix had internet and I was able to check facebook.  I found out that my spanish language/ literature teacher had been missing for a week.  He disappeared after mass one day in Portugal and was found a week later in the river.  He had diabetes, so he could have passed out and fell into the river, or it could have been suicide, but it just seems strange that they couldn't find him for a week, even after they checked the river multiple times.  This man was amazing.  He was a marista in the Catholic church and he devoted his whole life to his religion.  He's the only teacher that failed me my first term.  But he kept helping me, and by the end he was one of my favorites.  Whatever happened to him, I'm sad more students wont get the opportunity to learn more from him.
http://leonoticias.com/frontend/leonoticias/Localizan-Muerto-Al-Docente-Del-Colegio-Maristas-Desaparecid-vn112675-vst216
The End

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, such luxury! I'm so jealous right now. Also, our hockey game plans are in the process of becoming a reality, if you are still interested...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely still interested. Let me know when the games are. I do have to say that weekdays will be better because my weekends are pretty full, but whatever works.

      Delete