Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Review of 2012 in Statuses

Due to unfortunate circumstances involving Facebook's timeline, I can't find all of my statuses from 2012.  So from February to May I don't think much happened.  But the rest of my statuses basically explain my year so here goes nothing.

January 1, 2012:
Watch out 2012, severe curves heading your way.
I found out that I have borderline severe curves at Levi's just a few days before this.  Severe is a terrible name.  Here's the other categories: straight, demi, bold.  Severe you have to order online because they don't keep them at stores.  Basically, it was a big moment in my life.

May 6, 2012:
After watching yet another ironman, I'm more determined than ever to never participate in one myself.
My parents and sister had just finished the St. George ironman.  St. George had unusual wind that day, making the ironman much much harder.  Nothing about it looked fun.  Why would I one day want the same look of misery on my face?  No thanks.

I don't really facebook a lot in the summer.

September 10, 2012:
First paper of the semester: done.  First presentation of the semester: done.  First test of the semester: done.  First race of the semester: done.  First grocery trip of the semester: done.  I think I've had my fill of school for a while, can we go back to summer?
I always think that going back to school will be fun, but this year was especially hard.  My classes mellowed out later on, but after that second week of school I was pretty worried.  

September 26, 2012:
I just got my first 100% in the testing center!  I may have cried a little while doing my victory dance.
This was a momentous occasion in my life.  But it was spoiled later on when the free response section brought my grade down to a 96%.  However, I did manage to get a real 100% later on in the semester.

October 31, 2012:
It's 5:40 and everyone in my apartment is awake.  Something's wrong with us.
This semester my roommates and I all had early classes.  When one of us would get up, the rest of us would get up.  On this particular day I had to get up early to finish some homework, so I got up at 5:00.  Soon the rest of my roommates woke up.  We're insane.

November 14, 2012:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the Argentina Rosario Mission!!!!  Leaving February 27th!!!!  AHHH!!! I get to use my spanish!!!!
I think I was just a tad bit excited about this one.  I still am.  This is the status that changed how my 2013's going to be.

November 18, 2012:
Two women that I love and admire passed away this week, my great grandma who just turned 100 and my wonderful young women's leader.  Both were amazing women and they will be dearly missed.  It's comforting to know they are in a better place, away from their illnesses and pains.
Probably the saddest week of 2012 took place here.  Many more people passed away this week.  We drove out to Sacramento California and from there to Woodland for my great grandma's funeral, but because of this I missed my young women's leader's funeral.  They really were both amazing women that had a huge impact in my life.

November 26, 2012:
I feel very accomplished, Elder Jake Harmer called me a friend today in his email home.  We've come a long way.
If any of you know Jake, you know this is a big deal.  We've always had a rocky relationship so when I got a shout out in his email, it was pretty exciting.  

December 6, 2012:
Thanks for the birthday comments.  The day was full of pie, family and friends.  Not sure how it could have been better!
Because I know everyone's wondering, I had asphalt pie, apple pie, and razzleberry pie.  This was also the day I went through the temple for the first time.  The 4th not the 6th.

December 17, 2012:
I got a package from Elder Houston Bodily today for my birthday and christmas.  It was full of chocolate.  He has now won the best friend award.  I'm sorry everyone, I don't think you can compete with that.
This is why this is significant, he's in Germany!  So a) it was good chocolate and b) he paid to have it sent.  Really, he's now my best friend.

December 22, 2012:
Shams Islam ran into a pole last night at walmart.  That's all.
We were walking back to his car after yet another unsuccessful search for Tim Tams, and he was looking at people attempting to go through some sliding doors that were turned off, when he ran into one of the poles in the parking lot.  The best part was, there was a car waiting right there that witnessed the whole thing.  This was the best moment of 2012.


The End

1 comment:

  1. I wish I posted more statuses on Facebook. My life is ridiculous because this is one of my New Year goals.

    That severe curves one is hilarious and I don't think I ever knew the story behind it! You kill me.

    ReplyDelete