Thursday, September 27, 2012

Success at the Testing Center

I've taken three tests this semester and all were taken in the testing center.  Winter semester, and spring term I had to take billions of tests, so I've developed a fine relationship with the testing center.  Instead of going to the library or the writing center, or wherever you poor english majors go to write a paper, I get to spend hundreds of hours taking tests.  Yay for Bio!
Anyway, two of my tests weren't even biology tests this year so I don't know what I'm talking about.  The first one: New Testament the second week of school.  I got an A, but so did everyone else so this was less exciting.
Next was molecular biology and I studied for several hours because I thought it was going to be extremely hard.  Turns out I picked the right professor and it was fairly straightforward.  Several questions were "check all that apply" questions so the testing center didn't grade it right.  They said I got an 81.  And then last night I got my real score.... 100%!!!!  I couldn't believe it and I definitely screamed and danced and celebrated by buying candy corn at maceys.
After that high I was ready for my third test, which I took today: Spanish 321.  100 questions and I got a 92.  I missed way more than I should have but I'm pretty happy.
Next week I have my animal diversity test which I'm less than thrilled about.  The professor is scatter brained and so we don't learn anything in class.  And to make matters worse, he got surgery so we had a sub on monday and no class on wednesday.  I went to the review today and the TA is a PHD student from Peru who's really hard to understand.  Also, he didn't have any information from our professor so it was kind of a mess.  Hopefully my success at the testing center wont end here!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment