Friday, September 14, 2012

Spanish 321

So at first I hated this class because I am the only one who hasn't served a spanish speaking mission in there.  On the first day of class our professor was explaining how the class was going to work and everything was pretty simple, but these boys kept asking question after question. After a while I got annoyed and I thought they were idiots that just hadn't been in school for a while so they had forgotten how it works.  But the more I thought about it the more I realized what was up.  They were speaking super fast (faster than the professor) and they were using vocabulary from the countries they served in.  They were trying to show off.  To impress the professor.  So then I just thought they were arrogant idiots who didn't understand that almost everyone gets full participation in those kinds of classes and your grade depends on the exams, not in class work.
That was my original impression, but the more I go the more I like it. I sit in the back corner with two volleyball players that I don't talk to but they make me laugh with their side comments.  Don't worry, I fully intend to become friends with them because I need them to introduce me to #5.  I made a step in the right direction though: wednesday I brought cookies for my presentation and that won them over and then today I made a comment that made them laugh.  Success.
In front of me and to the corner sits the two boys I did my presentation with.  One is super smiley and loves learning spanish and the other one is super grumpy.  They're both nice guys though so I like doing my in class activities with them because I know they wont judge my non-perfect spanish.
On my other side sits B.  Yes, I'm cautious of saying his name.  He's the other way too happy boy that at first drove me insane but now I'm starting to like sitting by him.  He has a baby face and when I told my brother about him (I told my brother about everybody and everything the other day, I've been deprived of talking to people) my brother said I couldn't like another baby face because they all look younger than him.  That's not true, but I never told him I like him.  It's just nice to sit by someone nice who seems interested in my life for non-dating reasons.
Yes, so now I like the back corner of my spanish class.  I'll work on liking the rest of them but it might be hard because I still consider them arrogant.
And for fun... it's brilliant


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment