Monday, January 30, 2012

A smile

Once upon a time (actually many times) my mom told me that I always look angry. What can I say? I guess the edges of my lips curve down naturally. But because it was my mom that told me this, I didn't pay much attention. However, last week one of my friends told me the same thing. So this week I decided to try something different. I decided to keep a smile on my face. Ok, so I don't walk around with a huge, cheesy smile plastered on my face and I still look angry while I'm studying, but I've made a conscious effort to look happy as I walk from building to building on campus. Let me tell you guys, it's made all the difference. Today was long and boring, but I felt great. I also met several new people, and I had some wonderfully awkward experiences today that kept me smiling. The point? If your mom tells you you look angry or unapproachable, maybe you should take that into consideration and change.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment