Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to Business

The break was wonderful. For the first week I did nothing but sleep, watch TV and cross-stitch. I got my energy back and I forgot about some of the problems I had in the dorms. The second week me and my family went down to St. George where I ran in the hills, took my dog for walks, went shopping, went shooting, rode dirt bikes, went golfing (I beat my mom and my brother), and went to see We Bought a Zoo. It was a blast! But I came home early on saturday with my grandparents so that I could spend new years eve with my friends. Overall, it was a great week.
But now I'm back at school. Yesterday was the first day back and I can already tell I'm going to hate wednesdays and mondays. I was there from 10 to 5 and I only had about 1 hour of a break in that time. I forgot I have chemistry with a certain kid that I tried to forget this break...wonderful. My economics professor tried his best to encourage everyone to drop the class. Too bad I need it because of the freshman mentoring system. My biology professor is pregnant and is due during finals week. That could be a problem. Oh well, we'll see how this semester goes after I've actually started to learn.
As for the social stuff, I met some pretty cool kids yesterday. I even had a full twenty minute conversation with some kid while waiting in line to see a professor. Now that's what I call progress. The ward on the other hand might be a struggle. I wasn't too fond of it last semester so I was hoping the new kids that moved in would become my new friends. But that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Almost all of the new boys are RM's and we only have like two new girls. So it looks like I'm going to have to come up with great excuses for having to go to my home ward each week.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment