Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sandwich makers

Once upon a time I discovered the beauty of sandwich makers. I was awfully young so I can't give you a specific age, but let me tell you, it changed my life. Soon afterwards it became a family tradition to make all sorts of sandwiches for the superbowl every year. We've made pb&j, pb&j with pepper jack cheese, regular grilled cheese, grilled cheese with jalapeƱos, etc. Anyway, so before I moved out I told my mom that I needed a sandwich maker. So we went out and bought one and I was extremely happy.
But then it sat in it's box for two weeks.
I haven't really had to cook at all because I keep getting invited to these dinners that my friends make. It's great. Tonight I went to my friend Sharissa's apartment for french toast, eggs, bacon, and muffins. Living the dream right there. However, that was at 7, and I got a little hungry later on, so it finally came the time to take the sandwich maker out of the box. Karli came over and we made...wait for it...s'more pockets!

S'more Pockets:
2 slices of bread
1 T Marshmallow fluff
1 graham cracker
2 pieces of chocolate

Lay the two slices of bread out and smear the marshmallow fluff on both sides. Break the graham cracker up and put some on both slices. Then take the chocolate and without putting it too near the edge, put the pieces on one slice of bread. Put together and stick in sandwich maker. Makes enough for 4, apparently. Actually, makes enough for 1 because the next time I make those suckers, I'm getting one for myself. Yum.
The End

2 comments:

  1. Let us not forget who invented this treat! And let us not forget who laughed at me when I invented it.. Good thing it turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a collaborative effort. I came up with putting fluff n'stuff sandwiches in the sandwich maker and Karli came up with making it a s'more.

    ReplyDelete