Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Writing never takes the place of living

I'm listening to Sherwood right now and that line in I'm Asking Her to Stay really stuck out to me.  Today I was at work and I was talking to a kid that I feel like I know really well because we've worked together for 7 months now.  I was telling him about a dream I had and he asked me if I would actually do that in real life.  It dawned on me that he really doesn't know me at all.  Hardly anyone that I've met in the last year really knows me.  I spend a lot of time and effort writing letters to people because I don't want to lose any friends, but apparently I should be spending more time with people here that I thought I was friends with.  I have the next two months to prepare, relax, and vacation and by the end of it, these people will know me
The end

No comments:

Post a Comment