Friday, December 28, 2012

Les Miserables


I got excited for this movie a few months ago when I, like the rest of the world, saw the explanation of the live singing.  Cool.  But I didn't know the story, I had never seen the play or movie and I had definitely never read the book.  I was pretty much unprepared.  
Now, having seen the movie, I'm disappointed.  To me a musical means talking, then singing, then some more talking.  No talking?  After about 15 minutes I was sick of the singing.  Don't get me wrong, it was all very good and the main songs were incredible, but they didn't have to sing the whole script, sometimes words are more powerful without a tune.  I get it though, that's how it's always been done and some people love it.  Just not me.  
As for the story, it was touching and I loved it, but it wasn't as good as The Count of Monte Cristo.  So I'm really struggling to understand why this movie "is the best movie to ever hit the theaters."  That's all.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment