Monday, July 23, 2012

My Good Friend JR

 Where do I even start with this girl?  Me and Jessica have been friends for as long as I can remember. My family moved into the house we live in now when I was six months old and her family had been living in the house across the street from ours way before that.  My whole life I've tried to be as good as she is.  When she did pre-school, so did I (even though that made me do 3 years instead of the average year of pre-school).  When she did spanish immersion, so did I.  When she won the hope of america award, so did I.  And the list goes on.  I loved growing up next to her.  We made countless movies together, we had tea parties at a neighbor's house, we rode bikes, we sold pictures that we colored for candy, we "survived" off of fruit in her backyard, we broke into each others houses, we went on trips together, and much more.
Now she's going on a mission and if I continue to follow her footsteps we will not see each other for three years (our birthdays are two years and a month apart and she's leaving a little over 6 months after her 21st birthday).  I'm going to miss her a lot.  But as she reminded me we've spent two years apart before, one year when her dad taught at princeton when she was in 4th grade, and the other year when I was in Spain and she was at BYU.  I know our friendship will survive the time apart.  We have too much history for it not to last.  
Here are some pictures of our childhood...
Weren't we just adorable? I love Jessica's sweater
Hogle Zoo
My 10th Birthday
She surprised me by decorating my room

Pioneer Day 10 years ago
I don't know why we wanted to be Maori for the kids parade
2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake


Toys R Us in New York
Going to see Beckham at the Real Salt Lake vs. Real Madrid game
Fun with a Cookie Monster Cake from Macey's
Preference my sophomore year (her senior year)
Laurels Lip Sync.  We were the spice girls



Stewart Falls before Spain
New Years 2012
 This is a video my sister made of Jessica and I dancing.  To be fair, we've gotten better over the years
Thanks for being such a good friend Jessica.  Sorry I posted the video but I figure it's been long enough that it doesn't matter as much anymore.

The End

1 comment:

  1. I love that video so much. Plus also, I love Jessica. You two are super cute, especially as children. She's gonna be so great!

    ReplyDelete