Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rain and More Rain

This past weekend I went backpacking.  It was a blast.  We got to our destination, set up camp, ate some mountain house lasagna, and relaxed a bit.  I was reading in our hammock (that Izzy, our dog, carried in her pack) when the rain started.  So I quickly jumped into my tent.  By that time it was already 8:30 and time for bed so I changed into warm tights and fell asleep.  I'm not quite sure what time it was but late in the night the rain started to come down hard.  All night long.  Until about 8:00 when I woke up.  I ate oatmeal and hot chocolate and then started to pack up camp.  Right when everything was packed and we were ready to go, the rain started again.  Perfect timing.  By the time we got back to the car we were soaked, but we had fun!
Packing up
Alvaro, my host brother from Spain
Izzy looked adorable all weekend with her pack


I had my favorite hiking pants, shoes, and socks on



I know my pack looks short, but I promise you it was wide

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment