Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ride, Eat, Ride, Eat, Ride

The 7th of July was the tour de donut.  Yes, you read right, donuts.  Let me explain... the tour de donut is a bike race put on by the rotary club.  It's a 21 mile ride that's split up in three laps of 7 miles. The first 7 miles my mom met up with me and I really didn't push as hard as I should have.  Then come the donuts.  After one lap, you get off your bike and shove as many donuts as you can into your stomach.  Every donut you eat is three minutes off of your time.  The tricky part is the time is still going while you're eating, so you have to be fast to make it worth it.  I personally ate four donuts on the first lap and my dad ate seven.  Then you ride another 7 miles and eat donuts again.  I was on my second donut when one of the volunteers asked how many I had eaten (they marked the number on your bib).  I told him it was my second but I was going to eat one more, so he put three down and walked away.  The problem was, after the second donut I hit the wall.  So the last donut was painful.  And then came the last 7 miles that didn't seem to end.  Overall, I ended up eating 7 donuts which got me 2nd place in women general A (or women under 35).  And I got a cool trophy with a silver donut on it.  Probably the best race I have ever done.  My dad, who ended up first in his age and ate 10 donuts, also said it was a blast.  Definitely a keeper.
Just to gross you out, the overall winner ate 33 donuts for a total time of -22 minutes.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment