Friday, August 10, 2012

Missionary Letters

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote, but I'll catch up some other time.  Right now I want to talk about an activity that has occupied my time for the last year.  Writing missionaries.  I need to start photocopying my letters because it takes up all my time and I have no time left to write in my journal.  So what I'm trying to say is, these missionaries know more about my life than my future self will.  Sad sad sad.
I often wonder how much money I've spent so far.  All of those stamps... not to mention paper and envelopes.  Luckily, most of my friends have gone state side or to Mexico.
Total number of missionaries I've kept a steady contact with: 9
Total number of missionaries that have ever written to me: 13
Total number of missionaries leaving in the next month: 4  And yes, I will write them.
I'm somewhat drowning.  But the sad part is, I enjoy all of it.  It's my time to write everything that's happened to me and not be interrupted.  I love talking and talking and talking and telling my stories and it's perfect for me to actually write them down.  And the worst part of this is, my friends know I'm like this.  So when they ask me to write to them, I can't say no.  Now I can't promise writing to them once every two weeks as I used to do, but once every month and a half or so, unfortunately yes.
I think it's time for people to start getting back so I'll have more real friends to talk to again.  I'm getting a little overwhelmed.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment