Friday, February 22, 2013

San Diego



Last week I went to San Diego with my family.  It was basically awesome.  On Valentine's day we went to the zoo and all the animals received a heart shaped treat.  It was fun to go around and watch them eat it.  Also there was a baby panda.  Basically I would go back any day any time no matter how bad my feet were hurting.
This bear was licking the honey on the cement that was in the shape of a heart
Not the baby, but this panda was pretty cool too
The next day we went to the beach.  Again, awesome.  That night we went to the gorgeous San Diego temple.  I've always wanted to go there and to be able to do a session there was extra special.
Saturday we went to Sea World.  It was also pretty dang awesome.  They had a baby killer whale that was born on Valentine's day so it was fun to see that boy/girl (they don't know for the first week).  I also really liked the sea lion show.  Sea lions are slowly moving up on my favorite animals scale.
Seeing the baby killer whale
Sunday we went to church and then we went to the USS Midway, which is an aircraft carrier for all of you that didn't know.  I learned one thing on that tour, I never want to be a dentist for the navy.  But the ship was amazing and Weston and I did a flight simulator thing where we got to fly upside down and shoot the bad guys.  It made me lightheaded and I wasn't a very good pilot, but Weston did a good job. Good thing he's the one that wants to be a pilot.
The statue just outside the USS Midway
Monday we went to the Hotel del Coronado.
Well we saw the outside of it and walked along the beach.  Then we ate lunch and flew home.  A pretty darn good trip if you ask me.  Now it's time to leave for my mission!  Crazy how fast the last month has gone by!
Oh and my brother got his mission call this week.  Chile Osorno mission!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment