Monday, May 14, 2012

Jobs

I'm not a returned missionary.  I don't have experience other than Tomasso's.  I am a freshman. Still.  I'm in class at inconvenient times. I don't have connections. Anywhere.
When you don't have any of these, you're out of luck when it comes to finding a job.  Even if you have other qualities that are pretty significant, like an amazing GPA, or a billion credits that show you're willing to work hard, or knowledge of a language, or really good references.  It doesn't matter how close I am to graduating, or how badly I need money, or how persistent I am.  All that matters is if I've been on a mission or if the boss, sorry not the boss because he's my neighbor, if the grouchy man hiring people is your friend. Job hunting is the worst.  I'm starting to think that going to Hawaii with my sister right before my other sister's wedding is the better option here.
The End

1 comment: