Friday, May 4, 2012

I haven't done one of these in a while...

I forgot about my music video obsession for a bit there.  Sorry about that.  But I do want to make a few comments on my recent love of foreign music.  Don't ask me why, but I've been listening to all kinds of languages recently and it's making me want to learn another language.  Yes I know that I've been at Spanish for almost my whole life and I still can't speak very well, but I'm getting tired.  I love spanish and I always will, but I feel like I've reached the point where a classroom setting wont make me speak better.  I do really well on paper and with listening, but speaking?  Nope.  I wont get any better until I go back to a spanish speaking country.  So in the meantime, why not learn another language?
Anyway, here's two songs that I fell in love with this week

The first one is Ricardo Arjona and Gaby Moreno.  They're both Guatemalan.  My spanish teacher showed our class this and then I looked him up on grooveshark for more songs and that just led me to more and more artists that I didn't even know existed. Thank you Guillermo (and credit also has to go partly to my speaking partner, Catalina).





Ok so my brother makes fun of me for the second one, the Il Volo song.  He called me a 70 year old cat lady.  It's fine.  Yes, my mother owns their CD and I listen to it every time I know I'm going to be in the kitchen for an extended period of time.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment