Monday, December 5, 2011

Birthday and Motivation

Once upon a time I turned 19 and I don't feel any different. I think when I turn 20 I might feel old, but as for 19, there's no change... except I got a car!!! Yep! Pretty ecstatic about that one! But my birthday went well. I went to church, a building meeting where the girls sang a horribly awkward happy birthday to me, and home for scones. I also got to play some phase ten with my grandma, my sister, and my mom and I won. Yep, pretty exciting and relaxing birthday.
Today started off bad though. I woke up at 6 to write my last paper for comparative government and it was definitely the hardest one of them all. Because of that I barely got to class on time which means I didn't look at the current events and because there was no reading for today, the quiz was entirely current events. Great. But that class is basically over!!! Then I found out I did horribly on the chemistry test I took before thanksgiving break. Oh and I fell asleep in astronomy within two minutes of sitting down. I didn't even make it to the prayer. That's just sad. So today wasn't the best, but I did see that sam kid that was on the 5000 day project in the HFAC today and I kind of freaked out. If I were more outgoing I would have talked to him, but instead I stared at him creepily.
So after a somewhat disappointing day I plugged my ipod in and turned We Shot the Moon on. Immediately the song Hope came on and man how my mood changed. It brought me back to two years ago around this time when two good friends of mine stayed on skype with me for over 2 hours and since they're boys and run out of things to talk about, they serenaded me. And you guessed it, the first song they sang was Hope. I've loved We Shot the Moon ever since. Oh and then the next song was Sway Your Head which you should definitely listen to because it's great for motivation.
"You gotta pull yourself back together,
give it one more shot it's now or never,
with a new day calling for you
You gotta believe.
You gotta pull yourself back in the water,
take in one deep breath,
you're getting closer
After all you've talked and seen,
you gotta believe."
So bring on the end of the semester! I'm ready. I've got all this motivation now.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment