Thursday, November 15, 2012

Argentina here I come!

So yesterday I got my mission call.  It was a day full of emotions and by the end, I was exhausted.  I had to wait until 7 to open the big white envelope that was sitting on my kitchen table at home because my sister couldn't make it any earlier.  So all day long I was feeling nervous/ excited/ anxious/ worried. The guys at work all made their guesses and were giving me advice and it wasn't helping me get my mind off of things.  They kept telling me things about postage stamps and that $1.90 meant that I was going foreign, but I'm pretty sure that's not always the case.
By the time 7 came around, I was more calm than I thought I would be.  More calm than my mom was at least.  She tried to open the corner just enough to peak inside.  It didn't work.
When I pulled out the letter addressed to me my eyes instantly found the place I was going.  Oops.  But I played dumb and read the letter as if I didn't know where I was going.  After I said Argentina the cheers were too loud for anyone to hear what mission.  So I had to repeat it several more times throughout the night.  Rosario!!!!  I'm reporting to the MTC February 27th and I cannot wait.  I've already started researching Rosario and it sounds like a great place.  Everyone keeps asking me if I wanted to go to Spain.  Spain would have been cool too, but it wasn't my first choice.  Argentina was actually really high up there on my list so I'm extremely excited.  I'm excited that I get to learn about a whole new culture that I've never experienced before, and while doing that I get to share the gospel and bring joy into people's lives!  Dream come true!  And...  I get to speak Spanish!!!!!  Wahoo!!!!!!!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment